7.13.2014

Meanwhile back at the ranch ....


Hello, sweetie.....


I AM alive and actually very well! I feel like I have to make this the mega post to get caught up so I will start off with the story behind the title.... Read on my lovelies!

I am a child of the Reading Rainbow generation and one of THE funniest books good ole Lavar ever read was called, "Meanwhile Back At The Ranch." The whole book is a back and forth of two plots, one chaos and the other not. I don't want to give it all away because you should look it up, but that statement has always been a go-to for describing life when it goes from frickin madness to zen.  

And so I fill you in .... 

#1 - NEW JOB! Halllllelllllllujjjjjjaaahhhh! Those of you who follow my Instagram know that the last 6 months have been less that blissful (by a long shot) and I've been trying to hold on to the faith and my soul to find a new job and I DiD IT! I just finished my first week and I am so happy to be there. The new job and resignation from previous job, also meant the ability to take a much needed week off to catch my breath, clean my house, pamper myself and go to Idaho for the 4th of July. What fun I had and I was one pooped lady last Sunday. 

Two Sunday afternoons spent at Snow Basin Resort for their Blues, Brews and BBQ with my lovely friend and her kiddos.....you must GO! Uncle Pete's loaded fries = life changing. 








At the top! Needles! GORG!



This little miss steals my heart!



Photo-bombed by the Needles Express!

I will spare you the before and after that was my disaster hit house. I will be perfectly blunt and honest that the house work is the FIRST to go when I'm stressed. I did my best, but this lady's casa needed some serious love and attention. 

Next up was a night of princess peace and quiet and pampering with a stay at the Alaskan Inn in Ogden Canyon. I am a firm believer in running away to regroup and this Ogden gem is just the place. Jetted tub, princess bed, breakfast IN bed and the best part? Falling asleep to the sound of the Ogden River. PURE heaven. Take your sweets or just yourself and spend the money to have a night there. It's the best thing I've done in a long time. My lovely seester works there so I walked into my room to see this on the table:


She knows me well......





That's not your basic blah French Toast... It's creme brûlée! Yum to the yum to the yum! You can imagine how relaxed I was leaving the Inn. 

Next up was a trip to the 'burg for the 4th to see my bestie and her hooligan husband and the kids. I LOVE going to see them even though I get the usual redhead harrassment from her husband. He knows I'm the bomb.com and that I fight back. 8 years and counting .... This year I decided to go all out with my outfit and it was FUN!!!!!! The skirt was a jackpot find on Facebook and was purchased from The Nest on Main. What a great store! Such amazing service and they even featured me on their page. It's not every day that a curvy lady like me gets featured so it meant a lot. Jewelry was a last minute find at an antique store in Rigby, ID. So so so fun!



This 4th of July was so relaxed and special. We didn't go to an organized community fireworks show, but stayed in the neighborhood. I don't know if I will ever go to a crowded show again after the night we had. This group of humans has become my family and I loved celebrating freedom with them. 





So beyond blessed to have this lady as my sister best friend. We have been through thick and thin and I can not even begin to thank her enough. My Jo.



All-in-all, this week was a week of my favorite things and it put me in a place to face my next career adventure with a smile on my face and a HAPPPPPY heart. 

The moral of the story: Amidst the chaos, there is always a "meanwhile back at the ranch" for all of us and it is called our happy place. Find your happy place and go there often. 

Until next time, my lovelies!

-R







No comments:

Post a Comment