1.04.2015

Blending: OVERRATED.

Happy 2015, my lovelies!  It has been a great year so far...ha ha ha...you know the first what 4 days?  The true story is off to a good start, but this partay has only just begun.  It's kind of like people asking me how my day has been so far and it's only 9:30 a.m.  For the record, if any of you ever want to have a conversation that I remember and/or doesn't include some very brutal glares and empty stares, hand me a McDonald's Dollar Menu Diet Coke and schedule it for after 10 am.  But, I digress......


So this little bloggy blog and le instagram had a good rookie run in 2014.  It's really fun to be coming around the bend to doing something for the second time.  That means I might actually know what I'm doing, right ? Ha!  That's what I make you think.  We are coming upon two of those things.  Another photo shoot with Kel-Z Photography and my annual "All You Need is Love" giveaway.  But, we're only going to talk about the photo shoot (eeek!) and the focus this time around.  

Kelsey and I both have a hard time loving winter so we decided at the last photo shoot that we would have a follow-up shoot in January that would be AWESOME and a good distraction for the winter blahs. Each of the outfits will have lots of meaning, COLOR and a good story.  As preparation I decided to take a drive to Ogden Valley this afternoon to scope spots and snap some photos to show you what you have to look forward to.  As soon as I was up there it became clearly evident that I was not going to be blending in nature any time soon.  I mean I was wearing a red newsboy and a mustard yellow scarf.  Welcome to ketchup and mustard??  And that got me thinking....So let's talk about NOT blending because it is SO overrated and can also save you from getting clocked by a pickup truck hauling multiple snowmobiles....that didn't actually happen, but it could have!  
So, what is it with people and their obsession with looking or acting like the next guy or girl?  I just don't get it!  God created us to be ourselves for a reason, people!  If we were all the same it would be one big snooze fest and boring as hell!  God knows all, therefore, He done good and created us different!  Embrace it, damn it!  I've really struggled with some relationships as of late and my biggest issue is the fact that there is an expectation for me to change and give and give and give without reciprocation and, last but not least, be like the other women around me.  Um, hello, if you wanted a cookie-cutter lady then why didn't you drive your little knickers to the local Williams & Sonoma and pick up some high-end cookie cutters and make your own damn woman?  Oh, wait, it's because that's not how it works.  I also get really really tired of being the token gal pal who is there to be the free therapist, ongoing comedic act and professional support, but when I need them to BE THERE they are off in la la land.  This blog is absolutely not meant to be a sob fest, but I just want my readers to know that they are not alone when they feel like they are praying and hoping and showing compassion towards people who are just living with their stupid heads in the sand and making it miserable for us to still love them.....or tolerate them, however you look at it.  Everything happens for a reason, but sometimes it doesn't come without a few silent tears and swearing under the breath and boat loads of patience.  

We ARE simply gorgeous and we ARE simply unique and people have two choices....take us the way we are or hastily exit the premisis.  There is a lot to be learned about relationships by all of us and I am learning too.  So, the next time you see someone who has a tattoo that you genuinely admire, tell them!  You might be surprised what their response is!  If you appreciate someone's quirky unique approach on life, thank them!  And if you love someone, say it OUT LOUD and give them a hug and a kiss (if that won't get you thrown in the slammer or your ass whooped by their significant other).  Be aware of people's needs and S-T-O-P blending.  


The moral of the story:  blending is meant for eye shadow, not humans.  Jump out of your comfort zone and connect with people and BE YOU!!!!

Until next time, my lovelies!
-R

1 comment:

  1. Humanheal is one of The Best Medical Tour Facilitator in India. We provide treatments like Liver transplant, Kidney Transplant, Cancer Treatment, knee replacement, hip replacement, plastic surgery, Neurosurgery, Neurology, Orthopedics, Cancer care, Plastic & Cosmetic Surgery , Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, General surgery, Colorectal Medicine, Ear Nose And Throat (ENT), Ophthalmology, Infertility and many more.

    ReplyDelete