5.11.2015

Embrace Your Worth....ALL of it.


When I started "Let It Be & Celebrate" my intended purpose was to promote and encourage women's empowerment, fashion for all shapes and sizes and mental health.  There is so much that takes our focus away from ourselves and I have been really blessed to find healing and strength from my blog while providing the same for others worldwide.  I've written a lot about the many women that I've become dear friends with because of my Instagram account and the common denominator of all of them is the constant battle to know who they are and where they fit in.  

If you would have told me a year ago that I would be connected with women from England and New Zealand and Denver and Pocatello, I would have laughed.  Ok, maybe not so much Pocatello, but the others I definitely would have laughed.  Each of these women have had great struggles with their self worth and have overcome them in ways that have inspired me.  In particular, my friend from England, has helped me truly incorporate my new mantra "lemons to lemonade" in my life.  She has helped me time and time again with a simple text from across the ocean to tell me that my worth is far greater than the stress and drama that I was allowing in my life.  We call each other our international lemon sisters because we have BOTH had some really sour lemons that have turned to very very sweet lemonade because of our friendship and courage to keep moving forward.  

Last week I found the following quote on Pinterest, "She was beautiful, but not like those girls in the magazines.  She was beautiful for the way she thought.  She was beautiful for that sparkle in her eyes when she talked about something she loved.  She was beautiful for her ability to make other people smile even if she was sad.  No, she wasn't beautiful for something as temporary as her looks.  She was beautiful deep down to her soul."

Stop the 50 point to-do list in your brain and think about that for a minute. . . . . . . . . . 

Now I'm going to type it again and force you to read it....AGAIN.  

"She was beautiful, but not like those girls in the magazines.  She was beautiful for the way she thought.  She was beautiful for that sparkle in her eyes when she talked about something she loved.  She was beautiful for her ability to make other people smile even if she was sad.  No, she wasn't beautiful for something as temporary as her looks.  She was beautiful deep down to her soul."

Powerful.  Hashtag truth.  Are we actually living our life that way?  It's took me a month to compose this blog post because my own self worth was broken a bit at the end of March.  I won't bore you with details, but it's taken me a solid month to come to terms with some circumstances so that I could truthfully share with you my thoughts on self-worth.  Human life is not perfect.  If you think it's going to be all the time, silly you.  Silly me!  Challenges make us stronger.  They super suck too, but they also force us to find those blessings that are hiding extra careful.  I've had to dig deep this month and have some frequent and pointed conversations with myself to assure my brain and my heart that this too shall pass and that I AM worth the wait and the right thing WILL happen in God's timing.  Period.  So. Not. Easy.  Earlier this month I was not doing so great due to a cold and lack of sleep and the list goes on and on.  My self-esteem hastily walks out the door when those two things occur and my bestie named Depression sets in quick.  I avoid being sick at all costs for this reason.  Anyway, on that Tuesday morning, I was sitting in the McDonald's parking lot trying to pull myself together and the song "Fix You" by Coldplay came on my iRadio.  I've heard and sang along with this song 100 times, but this time, it meant something different.  This time, I felt like comparing the "main character" who is attempting to fix me, to God.  Whoa, right?  The second I did that, my perspective changed.  I calmed down, I listened and I was still.  When it was over I took a screen shot of the album cover so I wouldn't forget about this moment.  A few days later, I decided to pull up the music video on YouTube.  It is an even better inspiration because it adds some visual elements that I absolutely loved.  I want each of you to take a minute to be still and watch this video and remember that God knows who you are and He LOVES you.  Even amidst the lyrics of a popular rock song we can find that reassurance that He cares and is aware of our trials and knows our worth is really far above rubies.  

The moral of the story:  our self worth and well-being is all that matters.  God knows best and He will provide a way.  
Until next time, my lovelies.  
-R

No comments:

Post a Comment